Sunday, January 8, 2006

january is for....?

january is for...
1) learning to use my new ipod. i like walking around with a soundtrack to life!
2) trying to get my body back into some sort of shape after a bloating christmas. i have been to the gym the last 3 days in a row and done the stairmaster thing. this is also good because my sunday ny times magazine exactly fits on the machine and i get a lot of reading done while working my 30 minutes.
3) addressing my levels of stress and my subsequent addictions and how they relate to each other. no doubt that fighting with bebo right now over child support and custody issues is making me have tons of self doubt. what do i resort to? food.
4) looking for snow. i have a mental snow day in my head and even though we just went back to school, i would like a snow day because i want to be in that hunker down mode. omar will be returning to school tomorrow.
5) eating a little better and a lot less. green things, less carbs, and less of anything that makes me get blocked and throw up.
6) seriously looking at my finances (or lack thereof) and coming up with a reasonable budget
7) looking at stuff i don't want to look at, like my checking account, like calling legal aid and going to the county and talking to someone about my custody and child support options. it means stopping talking to everyone about my frustration over this situation. it means sticking up for myself and not constantly doubting my choices about this situation. it means not feeling guilty because i am going up against bebo when i have avoided confrontation at all costs over the last 3 years. it means making some decisions that i don't want to make and to stop finding 6,000 ways to avoid dealing with them.
8) reading books instead of my newspapers. it means i have to stop thinking because i paid for the ny times to be delivered here, that i have to read every single word in it. talk about OCD...
9) looking at doing more socializing/volunteering via church. maybe finally i will go to the thursday night practices for the church band...i think music would be good for me.
10) january is for austin it seems...basketball, basketball, and trying to get him on track with his grades. it is for being productive when most everything is dead and boring.
11) reading all of my seed catalogs and coming up with what will be phase 3 of the five year yard plan. i enjoy "supposing" about what i am going to do.
12) doing some serious housework and some serious cleaning out of stuff i don't need, but just gather like layers of clothing, for "protection" and feeling good. clothes? books? furniture?

No comments:

Post a Comment