Thursday, July 3, 2008

thankful thursday...


well, today was the day i scheduled my nervous breakdown, but it has not appeared. i am grateful for a lot of things, most of all just being able to be in my own house. i did laundry, cleaned out the fridge a bit (still have work to do), went to the store and bought up a bunch of food to make from recipes i got on the food network. i was amazed at how high produce prices have jumped in the last 2 weeks. amazing. green peppers were hovering b/w 80 cents and a dollar! i am waiting for my tomatoes to come in and cukes too! i have squash already and i am ready for some homegrown produce!


i have had to rethink my finances, and i am going to do a refinance on my house and roll all of this stuff into one loan. it will be a 15 year loan on the house and i can write the interest off on my taxes. with the other loans, i couldn't do that. this i can do. it seems scary, but in retrospect, it is going to be ok. i worry a lot about my finances and my future and wonder how i am going to get austin through college and retire when he is done. i can't seem to save anything, and these expenses are usually out of left field, like heat pump, cat death, car issues. all large chunks of change, both literally and figuratively.


the air conditioning in the house works well, and i am hoping it will be as energy efficient as they said it would be. my car cost me $60 to have the tire plugged (nail) and to be told that if i don't close the gas cap 100 percent, i will have the check engine light come on. expensive lesson to learn. i have had to bag using the ticket for austin to go to georgia, $118.50 down the drain. in the long run it is easier to keep him hear and lose the ticket money vs. sending him and having to pay for his expenses of being there and just watching things.

No comments:

Post a Comment