Wednesday, August 20, 2008

some changes, some updates

getting out of a funk is not often easy, and i haven't been all that successful over the course of the last week. it would be nice to be heading back to school all relaxed and not stressed out, but that just isn't the case, although it seems to be getting better.

sometimes what you need is something new. for me today, it was getting a new piercing in my left ear and having my hair corn-rowed. pretty radical day.

i pierce for a reason, and this one was for the completion of my last great road trip. i had thought i might do it on the last part of the trip this summer, maybe hollywood. but i was so disgusted with L. A. that i didn't want any reminder of that place. my twisted back is enough reminder...

so today, on a whim, i went to river city body piercing in the VCC mall...the first shock was having a piercing place in the mall, and apparently, they aren't suffering for business. i got a different earring from the ones i have previously had, and this one didn't go in easily, but i got it.

then on another whim, i stepped into the styling salon in the wal-mart in mechanicsville and asked the girl there to half row my hair. she did. i paid $29 for it and promptly took it out when i got home. it was horrible and i am hoping no one saw me as i slunk to my car and into my house. obviously, at least what she did, doesn't work right now. but i still need a hair change, and tomorrow i might go out and who knows what i will end up looking like.

i have managed to get my finances finally in order today, having gotten the deposit from the house refinance. i paid two of the three bills online tonight, and the third i will do tomorrow after i find out how to do it. i also mailed off austin's recruiting letters and took the transcript release form to school. dropped off 3 posters to be laminated and checked out a bunch of summer reading books, one of which i started tonight. i discovered i had read 2 of the 4 that i checked out, so that is good. i am halfway through one tonight and hopefully will get it done in the next 24 hours. i stepped into my classroom and got a look at what i would have to do when i got there, and i think going to school a few times this week will work in my favor when i go in on monday.

progress is being made. i am sort of looking forward to the fall...cooler weather, some baseball, maybe going back to pottery for the first time in a couple of years. i am still a bit stressed, worrying about finances, but the worst part is that i shouldn't feel this way, but i just never can trust the numbers. i think i am going to change the way i am doing my finances by doing online billing via the bank and not with the direct deductions that i have right now. verizon, who have wacked me twice incorrectly, will be the first to go. the others don't change each month, so i will probably keep those, but i may have to rearrange billing dates on them, as my mortgage at the first of the month is likely going to unbalance the finances for the month by wiping out a huge chunk of one of my monthly checks.

i am coming around, i think, and i am eating better and have a little more energy. tomorrow i go and have my teeth cleaned and maybe, finally, i will get around to getting my room straightened and clothes and things put up. we are supposed to go to duck, nc on friday, and i am still sort of tentative about that. it will really come down to how i feel friday morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment