Friday, April 14, 2006

things to be grateful for...

...that my cars can be repaired, and that i was able to pull $1000 out of my savings to pay for them.
...that my knees aren't hurting as bad and that i was able to get some sleep this week.
...that i have good friends like taylor and pam who are paying for my airfare via american express points and don't want to argue with me about it.
...that i have a good friend like linda who wants pam and i to share her condo vacation in pagosa springs, colorado in june. we are celebrating our 50th birthdays together!
...that the ducks are still around and the fish know me.
...that i still have ideas for pottery and fountains.
...that i can still learn stuff. for instance, did you know that fish will eat popcorn and crackers?
...that i have enough money to buy plants.
...that people like the massages that i give them.
...most especially, that my son still wants to talk to me about his feelings, especially at his age. i don't know how long that will last, but i am grateful for it now.
...that there are some people out there who love austin for who he is, not just what he can do with a baseball bat or a basketball.
...that it has rained, finally, and i got the sunset maple tree planted today. also, that austin managed to NOT cut the phone line with the pickaxe...i discovered the line BEFORE he could do it any big damage...
...that i can still play the guitar when i want. last night, when i was playing with carter, was the first time i had played in probably a year. i enjoyed it.
...that i can now sleep on my stomach. i wasn't able to do that for a long, long time.
...that someone actually thinks i have lost weight. brenda davis walked in tonight and said immediately that i had lost weight since the last time i had seen her.
...that god invented wawa tea, wyler's diet lemonade, and walmart grape sugar free Koolaid!
...that i am still finding angel pennies...and apparently, angel dollars! a couple of weeks ago i found $25.11 in the wawa in petersburg...i gave the $25 back to the church.
...that my cats still love me, and that the peeper frogs are out, although i haven't heard much from them in the last week.
...that there are still some chilly mornings and days. i hate hot weather, and it is coming...!
...that my friend mary has finally, after 26 years, found the love of her life and is emailing him. she always wondered what happened to him, and she finally was able to find him via the internet. i have always thought that would happen. it has taken a lot of years, and no one knows what will become of it, but it has always been unfinished business for her. right now, it is making her happy, and that is a good thing.
...that pam still has big rocks on her farm and i can go and get them whenever i want them! also, that austin and carter had a good time together yesterday, as austin needs a male friend. they apparently talked and had a good time while they were out.
...that my mother and father are enjoying relatively good health, and that my mother's rotator cuff surgery went well today. i am also appreciative of the aunties still being around, as well as my other relatives. i have been very lucky to have had them all in my life for so long.
...that is is warm enough for me to wear my birkenstocks again!

...that i still get signals from the angels...as i am writing this, i have on xm radio from the 40's and the song playing is...''pennies from heaven"...go figure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment