Tuesday, June 22, 2010

summer honey-do list for myself

i haven't written on a long time and it is summer now, school is out, austin is graduated and going to UVA in the fall to play baseball and develop a life.

big change in my life, lots of it. i have stopped fighting it for the most part. the last year hasn't been smooth or easy, lots of transitions, lots of odds and ends.

i will write about what has been as best i can as i see time to do it, and will.

each summer i draw up a list for myself of things to do in the summer time. the things range in necessity and need, but for me it just keeps me focused. this summer the major thing to do is my yard and house stuff. i have a waterfall under construction right now and flower beds to make and complete.

Yard stuff: build the waterfall; mortar waterfall; put rocks around the edge; hook up the heron spitter; plant trees(3 japanese maples, 2 yellow maples); put down gravel; till the yard and build the beds by the fence; till the front hill and put down a ground cover; plant the grasses in the beds by the fence; build the smokey cooker patio; fix the outside backyard beds; build little fountains with the trip rocks; clean out under the deck; clean out under the porch; pressure wash the deck; pressure wash the front porch; stain the deck; clean off the deck; take stuff to the dump; go up to amelia and get more rocks;

in the house: clean the refrigerator; paint counter top in the bathroom; clean downstairs bathroom tub out; slip covers for the couches in the living room; put the doorknob back on my closet; reorganize the jewelry area;

personal stuff to do: reorganize my recipes and file them; reorganzie my yard/house ideas file; play my bass and guitar some; read the summer reading books; go to the gym at least 3 times a week; continue to eat healthy; get up before 8:30 each day; write in the blog; consider working on the children's books; work on the 12th grade curriculum; go to see the flying squirrels play; go to see the Nats play in d.c.; go to the horse races; clean up the computer room; get austin's room under some sort of control; clean out my room; hang pictures in the house;

No comments:

Post a Comment