Saturday, May 27, 2006

i want a new car...:)


i had to rent a car when we went to allentown, pa. a few weeks ago, and i ended up with a new hyundai sonata. as i was driving out of the airport, i felt like i had died and gone to heaven. it's not that i have no love for my little car with its 122,000 miles on it. it has been a good car, and it continues to get me where i want to go. however...just for a weekend i experienced what it was like to have a cd player and a headliner in the car...right now i spend too much time picking pieces of foam rubber out of my hair, as that is all that lies between my locks and the roof. the paint on the old girl is peeling away and there is always the smell of antifreeze, although god knows why as i have replaced all of that stuff and there is no leak...in any case, the hyundai was a dream...i stopped at wawa on the way home, got a cup of coffee and called my parents...i guess i am a creature of simple means, but a clean wawa, a cup of decent coffee and a nice, new, clean rental car...well, i felt like i was shittin' in high cotton.

of course, now i am in the hunt for one, and god knows, again, why i continue to torture myself. i can't afford it, period. no doubt, i need a new car, but it likely won't be new or this one...sigh.

oh well, i can dream...

oh, no, i can't...not unless i can pull $300 a month out of my ass...so until then, i will continue to play fred flinstone with my bedrock mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment