Wednesday, December 21, 2005

of borscht and breaking bread...


i had my former mother-in-law, her sister and my "ex-sister-in-law" over for borscht and baked bread tonight. it was a very pleasant evening. i pulled out my china and crystal and we had a very simple meal. the borscht recipe came from a restaurant that i went to in victoria, british columbia about 20 years ago. it was a russian restaurant, and the borscht was so good that i wanted the recipe. the owner was there, and her cookbook was on sale. i bought it, and have been making it ever since then, although i haven't made it for the family in years.


we sat around in the living room after dinner was over and chatted and laughed at the cats, who were galavanting all over the room. they brought me my christmas gifts, since i won't be with them on christmas day. i put them under the tree, and i will open them on christmas day when i return.

No comments:

Post a Comment