Sunday, September 25, 2005

today is my birthday

today is my birthday. i am 49. it has been a little different, and celebrated a little differently, but it was fine. i spent the day at a ballfield watching austin's team win the tournament. we played the hanover generals, austin's old team, and i enjoyed visiting with the parents from that team, including chuck and andy, austin's old coaches. it was a cooler, overcast sort of day, but a nice relief from the miserably hot weather we have had almost continously for weeks. meg and her family made a nice dinner for us, and she cleaned up the downstairs of my house and cooked everything. it was fun and we laughed a lot, and that was what i needed. i got some happy birthday phone calls, but so far not one from my parents. sigh. i just don't get it, but i guess i never will. i am blessed to have such nice friends and family. austin gave me a gift certificate to get a manicure and pedicure; brenda and olivia davis dropped off a gift yesterday for me, and that was nice, and pam gave me some forsythias(sp) to plant. bebo, my brother, uncle jack, my aunt nancy and jose and ann called, and i got a card from cindy's parents and an email card from "ethyl and the boys." again, i am very lucky. i also got a copy of the NY times at wawa this morning, along with iced tea (my favorite), cheap gas, and a hot breakfast. it didn't rain, i didn't sweat, and i was able to fit into a martha's vineyard sweatshirt that i bought back in 1998. it was too tight then, but i bought it anyway hoping at sometime i could fit into it. this morning, i did. glad i held on to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment