Thursday, July 2, 2009

patience and the same old same old

austin spent the evening with my brother, who promptly called me to tell me about the alien who has become my son. not that i did not know that he is someone now that i don't recognize, but hearing my brother go on and on about it was almost redundant. worry, worry, worry. he isn't the person he was at xmas. blah, blah, blah. it isn't that i don't appreciate his observations, but they were negative. and then there was his take on lindsey, and i find myself again, suprisingly, having to defend this kid as not being the reason that austin has become a swaggering asshole.

i am not looking forward to being pinned down by my parental units over the next 2 days about austin. i know they will both try and talk to me about him, and worm info out of me. i have got to get some resolve and just refuse to discuss stuff. they, especially my mother, know how to push all of my buttons and exploit my weaknesses to their advantage. i just do not want anything else to color how they think about lindsey. it really isn't fair. they don't know her, and they are putting me in the position of having to sort of choose between their observations and whether or not they are correct. they are correct, but they are jumping to conclusions without the proper information. bottom line: i like her. i am the "mother-in-law" and i am the person with first right of refusal. period.

No comments:

Post a Comment