Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Pennies From Heaven


being spiritual is a tough thing when you are a human with six senses all working at the same time. yes, six senses. the sixth one is the intuitive one, the one least developed and recognized by most of us. i believe we all have this sixth sense, and we have the ability to develop it. not all of the first five senses are equally developed. we rely mostly on our sense of sight and sound, which gives the other three (touch, taste and smell) a bit of a break. but when robbed of one of these major senses, our other ones over compensate to make up for the difference. and so the blind man can hear a pin drop in another room and the deaf person can feel sound through the floor.

developing faith in a world where things are tangible and immediate is difficult. the very factor of our bodies is a huge roadblock to believing in things that cannot be proved, touched or verified. and this is where my penny stories come in.

there have been many dear abby columns devoted over the years to the stories of people finding simple pennies and seeing them as signs from those passed or angels that we are being looked after and thought about. ( click here to go to the actual column of may 3, 2001
http://www.uexpress.com/dearabby/?uc_full_date=20010503). i really grasped this concept. i feel it is upbeat and a way to develop some communication with those beyond and also to develop faith that there are things out there we can't always touch and see.

my communications with these spiritual beings began years ago, but in recent months has become more frequent as i start acting upon my sixth sense. while i have always had this, i has waxed and waned in power due to my devotion or lack of it to its growth. i have worked in places where i was in the company of other "sensitives" whose presence heightened my radar so to speak. in those cases, this was not a good thing for me, and rather than embrace this ability, i tried to ignore it. however, you can't run away from what is part of you.

i have taken to talking out loud to these angels. i don't know who they are, but i have spoken and told them i want to deepen my relationship with them and to come to know they are always with me. i have landed on the penny exchange as a way of communication. when i need one, i ask out loud for it. usually this is in the morning when i anticipate a bad day, or if i have been in a troublesome spot for a number of days and need some divine light to get out from under.

the angels are not failing me. as a matter of factor, it is getting to be like penny email! i look for them everyday! this week has been fun. i went into WaWa last sunday looking for the penny. i knew it was there, but didn't see it on my way in. while i walked around picking up my stuff, i had my head down looking for it. it appeared as i was leaving, right in the doorway that i had passed through yesterday. i have found more than a few of my angel pennies at WaWa. yesterday's penny was no different. i had actually been in the store, out and back in again and was finally headed home, but decided to fill the car up with gas while i was there. i pulled the van in on the wrong side of the car. i got out to fuel it, discovered this, and then discovered the penny next to the passenger side of the car in the bay next to me! the date on it was 1974, the year i graduated from high school, which made this particular penny over 30 years old. i had a good laugh.

the day before i was shopping in Wal-Mart and was looking for the penny, although i was thinking i probably wouldn't get one that day (my grandmother had appeared to me in a dream the night before, only one of about 5 or 6 times she has done so since she died in 1997. i thought that was likely to be my sign of the day). i was putting my shopping cart up in a place that was further away than i needed to go. as i had been walking around the store and parking lot, i had been peering up and down aisles and between cars. just before i got back to my car, i noticed something that looked like a penny roll to me next to a car. i walked back after glancing at it, and then bent down to see exactly what it was. it was a half-eaten vienna sausage and immediately i said YUCK! but then noticed, right next to it...a penny. i really laughed out loud then and said "thanks guys!"!

there have been pennies next to cars and in and out of the FasMart this week when i stopped for coffee. i have found them in the cafeteria at school twice this week as i did my lunch duty. last week, after telling a staff member about my love of the pennies, i found one on the floor of the teacher bathroom. it was so coincidental that i asked her the next day if she had put it there for me to find (no). i found one in austin's room yesterday after i had broken the cat water dish in his room and was mopping up the water from the rug. it was under the edge of his dresser. that made two yesterday!

today it is snowing and pretty outside and i have been happy to watch it come down and to watch the cats viewing the birds and squirrels feasting at the feeders. i have had cups of chai tea, made a crockpot stew, and have yet to pick up my ny times and richmond sunday papers out of the driveway yet, but i will. the pennies make me happy and make me feel more connected, and in the flow. they slowly and surely have helped me start to believe in what i feel inside, and i am coming more and more attuned with relying on my inner guidance system, and not just on the touch, feel, see, hear and taste world.

the pennies i find are turned over to an old red dinosaur piggy bank that was austin's. it is my hope that eventually i will have enough to give each one of my students or people who are special (i have given two away this week to people i thought might need them). the concept is so simple...you gotta believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment